Who can vote a by-mail ballot?
- Any qualified voter registered in the State of Alaska may apply for a ballot through the mail..
When can I apply for a by-mail ballot?
- Voters may begin applying for a by-mail ballot beginning in January of each election year.
Visit our Elections Dates and Hours web page for upcoming Primary, General or Statewide Special Elections.
What is the deadline to submit a by-mail ballot request?
- If you are a qualified registered voter and do not have any changes to your registration record, your completed application MUST be received by the Division of Elections no later than 10 days before Election Day.
- If you need to Initially register to vote, your completed application must be received or postmarked on or before 30 days prior to Election Day. For presidential elections, complete your application to initially register to vote and participate in ONLY the presidential race and vote by electronic transmission.
- If you need to update your residence address, name or party affiliation, your completed application must be received or postmarked 30 days prior to Election Day in order for your change(s) to be eligible for an election. Otherwise, your completed application MUST be received 10 days before Election Day.
- Visit our Elections Dates and Hours web page for by-mail deadline dates of Primary, General or Statewide Special Elections.
Where can I obtain an application?