Candidate Filing Forms and Information
Regional Educational Attendance Area (REAA)
Forms, Processes & Qualifications for Office
REAA candidates Declaration of Candidacy must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. the first Friday in August. The Declaration of Candidacy form and instructions are available in PDF format or in
printer-ready format. You may also request the form and instructions through any
Regional Elections Office or through your
REAA School Superintendent's office.
- Write-In candidates – A write-in candidate must file a Letter of Intent-REAA
with the Division of Elections no later than 5:00 p.m. five days prior to Election Day.
- Visit our Qualifications for Holding Office website for more information. Candidates wanting to file for a seat on a REAA school board must meet specific residency and registration requirements in order to file for that seat.
Methods for Filing Your Candidacy Paperwork
- By mail - A declaration sent by mail must be postmarked no later than the first Friday in August and received by the close of business within 10 days of the
postmark. Declarations may be mailed to: Division of Elections, PO Box 110017, Juneau, AK 99811-0017 or any Regional Elections Office.
- By fax - A declaration may be faxed to 1-907-465-3203 and must be received by the Division of Elections or Regional Elections Office no later than 5:00 p.m. the first Friday in August.
- In person – A declaration may be delivered in person to any
Division of Elections Office
no later than 5:00 p.m. the first Friday in August.
If you have questions regarding filing for office, you may call our toll free number at: