How to Register or Update Your Voter Registration

Once your form is processed, a voter registration card will be mailed to you. This may take up to four weeks to arrive.

Registering to Vote from Outside the State of Alaska

  • When registering to vote for the first time outside of Alaska, you will need to show you are a resident of Alaska. Proof of residency documentation must be in your name, unless you are a spouse or dependent to an active military member.

  • Send a copy of either your current Alaska driver's license or state identification card, military leave and earning statement showing Alaska residency, Alaska hunting and fishing license, Alaska student loan and college tuition showing Alaska as state of residency, employment in Alaska with date of employment or other proof that supports your claim to Alaska residency with your application.